Saturday, February 5, 2011

Work work work

Oh Starbucks, how I love thee.













Not only can I get yummy oatmeal AND coffee in one place - this place also has magical powers to bring words out of my brain that were all jumbled up just moments before.  I have been very productive this morning!

I have definitely found that writing a paper is a much simpler task the second (or third?  Does my review count?) time around.  I'm sure that editing will be just as painful, but the starting point is a bit less......jumbled.  The only thing, though, is that I still have absolutely no ability to command myself to write - I just have to sit for a while, let things swirl around in my brain, and wait for them to all come streaming out at once.  Is that normal for people writing scientific papers?  I thought that was more of a creative writing thing....

Also, I'd like to thank my English teachers from grade school and college for making this whole thing a little easier.  If I didn't have a command of the English language to start with, I wouldn't be able to write coherently while drinking WAY too much coffee......or wine.....or while half-asleep in bed first thing in the morning.  Somehow, those times are the best for writing, for me.

Today is going to be a busy day - I've gotta get back to work!  Hope you all have a more restful weekend than I am going to :)

1 comment:

  1. I used to love doing work in Starbucks. Something about the smell of coffee and background noise helps me concentrate!

    ReplyDelete