Monday, June 18, 2012

Eat. This. Now.

Or, more accurately, drink this now.



So, I had this idea.  In the past few months, I've come across a few different places that offer some sort of peanut butter coffee.  It sounded absolutely delicious, but I've been trying to eat a bit healthier lately. But the idea kept on in my head.....I wanted peanut butter iced coffee, and I wanted it bad.

Enter PB2.  I'd heard about it from the blogosphere a while back, but was never inspired to actually order some.....until now, that is.  I needed something that would flavor my iced coffee, but wouldn't have too much fat (like trying to make a PB sauce with actual PB) or sugar (like this stuff, which sounds wonderful but would be too sweet for me).  PB2 is a powdered peanut butter with less fat, calories, sugar, and sodium than regular peanut butter.  I've seen people out there make a peanut sauce with it - I figured, why not use it to flavor drinks, too?

So into my cup went:

2/3 c coffee
1/4 c skim milk
1 tbsp PB2
1 tsp sugar
ice

and out came delightful, wonderful, peanut butter-flavored iced coffee!

This drink has a subtle peanut butter flavor and isn't very sweet at all.....for those of you looking for a richer drink, I would suggest adding another tbsp of PB2 and some more sugar to taste.

The nutritionals for this decadent drink?

Calories: 42.5
Fat: 0.75 g
Sugar: 4.5 g
Sodium: 75 mg
Protein: 4.5 g

Definitely a delicious summer drink.....I think I'll be making this every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment