Thursday, May 10, 2012

My favorite food gardening resources

My apologies again for not posting garden pictures - apparently, while I had planned on taking pictures of our beautiful garden, Mother Nature had some other ideas, and it's been raining all week.  I hope to have the time and the right weather to take some shots tomorrow - the peas, potatoes, and tomatoes are all growing quickly now, and I am happy to say I haven't killed anything except one broccoli yet!

For now, please enjoy some of my favorite food-gardening blogs, resources, etc - you never know when you'll need a good resource for troubleshooting your garden!

Better Homes and Gardens

An oldie but a goodie!  I go here all the time for gardening tips and inspiration.  If you have more time (and money) than I, you could use their decorating tips to help design an architecturally beautiful garden - as for me, I just look up how to grow tomatoes and whatnot.  But they have great recipes for what you're growing, too, which will be great when the bountiful produce comes in a few months.

Burpee


This spring, Brendan and I bought mostly Burpee plants - so it's only fitting that I go there to find growing directions.  As the ridiculously nerdy scientist I am, I made a spreadsheet of all the plants that we're attempting to grow, complete with time until we get fruit and what to do as they keep growing.

The Kitchn - Gardening

I definitely suggest going here for ingenious ideas, ways to be green, and other generally cool things.  The second post on their page right now is about growing green onions on your windowsill, which is an idea I absolutely LOVE because it keeps me from having to buy green onions over and over again.  It looks like their top post right now is about reusing celery, which sounds similar, so lots of great ideas over there!


OK, that's it for now!  If you want to find something more specialized or quirky, may I suggest checking out the list on Apartment Therapy's blog round-up post?  Seems like a lot of good ideas over there, too.

Back soon with actual garden pictures, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment